Thirsty craft beer lovers wait no longer to quench your thirst. The 3rd Annual Gilded Growler Tournament at Pennings Farm Market welcomes established and emerging local and regional craft breweries to compete for the coveted Gilded Growler Trophy.
Devoted craft beer drinkers blind-taste their way to choosing which crafty contestant deserves to take home the title and trophy in 2019. In the weekly bracket-style tournament, guests at Pennings Farm blindly sample the featured beers then cast their vote for their favorite. At the end of each night, winners will be revealed to continue on to the Semi-Finals with intentions to take their flagship, one-off or limited-edition brew to the Final Taste-Off on April 5, 2019.
• February 22: Cricket Hill Brewery vs. Glenmere Brewing Co. vs. Mill House Brewing Co.
• March 1: Chatham Brewing vs. Great Life Brewing vs. Defiant Brewing
• March 8: West Town Brew Works vs. Sloop Brewing Co. vs. Nap Time Brewing
• March 15: Singlecut Beer Smiths vs. Fox-n-Hare Brewing vs.Catskill Brewery
• March 22: Semi-Finals Tasting, Breweries To Be Announced
• March 29: Semi-Finals Tasting, Breweries To Be Announced
• April 5: Final Taste Off and The Gilded Growler Trophy presentation, Breweries To Be Announced.
Participating breweries will be announced regularly…and will be randomly matched to compete weekly and include.
Each week of the Gilded Growler welcomes live musical entertainment with established and rising bands from the Greater Hudson Valley region, performing from 8-11pm. Admission is free to participate in tasting and voting at The Gilded Growler local brewery tournament.
The Grill at Pennings Farm Market is open until 9:00pm on Friday nights, serving farm-to-table style appetizers, entrees and desserts, and Fish Fry specials will be available every Friday from 4-9pm from March 8 through April 19 in honor of Lent. Craft beer always flows in abundance from the taps at Pennings Brew Pub and Indoor Beer Garden with a distinct focus on locally crafted brews.
This is a 21+event. All attendees must show a valid photo I.D. at the door.